MGNREGA Toll-free Phone number, Features, Objectives, Official Website- MGNREGA stands for Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was launched on 25 August 2005. The MGNREGA provides a legal guarantee for one hundred days of employment in every financial year to adult members of any rural household willing to do public work-related unskilled manual work at the statutory minimum wage. The Ministry of Rural Development (MRD), Govt of India is monitoring the entire implementation of this scheme in association with state governments.
Objectives of this Act:
- To ensuring the Economic security of Rural Peoples.
- This Act encourages the Women Empowerment and creates social Equality.
- Under this act, they create and maintain Rural assets.
- To Lowering of Rural-Urban migration.
Features of This Act:
- Any adult member of a rural household applying for work under the Act for employment. Every rural household is entitled to not more than 100 days of employment.
- If work is not provided within 15 days of applying, then the state pay an unemployment allowance which is one- fourth of the wage rate.
- Work is to be provided within a 5km radius of the applicant’s village, else compensation of 10 per cent extra wage is to be provided to meet expenses of travel.
- Under this Scheme, the Payment of Wages is equal for Men and women.
- All wage payments have transferred to bank or post office accounts of beneficiaries since 2008.
- All people enrolling for the MGNREGA have their own Job Cards.
Contact Details State wise: @mis_incharge_contacts
Other Contact details: @contact
Other Famous Yojanas-
Comment below your views about MGNREGA.