PMFBY Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana Contact Number, Tollfree Number, Address, Official Website- ABOUT: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) is the new yield farm insurance scheme that has been endorsed by the Union Cabinet in January 2016. It will replace the current two product protection plans National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) and Modified NAIS. The new plan will come into drive from the Kharif season beginning in June this year. This scheme is launched by the Prime Minister, Narendra Modi in January 2016. It will make it easier for the farmers to avail crop insurance and coverage.
- It provides insurance coverage and financial support to the farmers in the event of failure of any of the notified crop as a result of natural calamities, pests & diseases.
- To stabilize the income of farmers to ensure their continuance in farming.
- It encourages farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices.
- To ensure the flow of credit to the agriculture sector.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IN OLD SCHEME AND IN NEW SCHEME–
|ISSUES||OLD BIMA YOJANA||FASAL BIMA YOJANA|
|PREMIUM||22% to 57%||1.5% to 5%|
|TIME SPAN||Longer||Quick action by using latest technology like Drone|
|LOSS COVER||Crops Only||Crops, Vegetables, and fruits|
PM Fasal Bima Yojana is one-of-a-kind insurance policy that no doubt brings about a big smile on each farmer’s face. According to the yojana, all the farmers will be highly benefited whereas Government’s share of liability will increase nearly 500 percent and benefits are given bellow:
- Lowest Premium of all time
- Quick Action
- No Upper Limit
- Highest Coverage Lowest Payment
- Post-Harvesting Losses
Tollfree Number: 1800 180 1551
Department of Agriculture & Cooperation
Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Krishi Bhawan
Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi-110001
Near Central Secretariate Metro Station
Vehicle Entry is allowed from Gate no-1
Krishi Bhawan, Rafi Marg, Opposite Rail Bhawan
Contact link: @contact-us
Comment below your views about Pradhan Mantri Fasal Yojana.